How to Make Preserved Lemons
If your recipe calls for preserved lemons you can make it at home instead of purchasing them from your local grocery store.
What you will need to make preserved lemons
- Mixing bowl
- Large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid
- 4 large lemons, scrubbed clean with stems removed
- 2/3 cup salt
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- olive oil
To make preserved lemons
- Cut 4 large lemons into 8 wedges each.
- In mixing bowl, toss with 2/3 cup salt and 1 cup fresh lemon juice.
- Transfer to large glass jar and cover with tight-fitting lid.
- Let lemons stand at room temperature for one week, shaking jar each day.
- Add olive oil to cover lemons and store, covered and refrigerated, up to 6 months.