How To Make Confectioners Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
Don't have confectioners on hand? You can make it yourself. It is easy and only takes about 15 minutes to make.
Making confectioners sugar
- Place a cup of granulated sugar in the blender for each cup of powdered sugar needed.
- Blend at high speed until the sugar turns to powder.
- Use immediately, or store in an air-tight container.
Tips for making confectioners sugar
- To prevent caking and improve thickening ability (important when making icing), add 1 to 2 tablespoons of corn starch for each cup of sugar made.
- Sugar may etch the blender pitcher, particularly if it is made of plastic. If this is a concern, use a coffee grinder or spice grinder instead.
What you will need to make confectioners sugar
- A blender
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Granulated (white) sugar
- Corn starch (optional)