How to Make Homemade Croutons
Homemade croutons are not only easy to make, they can be tastier, since you choose your own favorite seasonings. And they don't cost you anything to make! You won't have to waste the heel from a loaf of bread or a few leftover hot dog or hamburger buns or dinner rolls any longer.
What you will need to make croutons
- Bread - including leftover heels, hamburger or hot dog buns, or rolls. You can use either white, whole wheat, French, or Italian.
- Cooking spray.
- Seasonings such as garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, seasoning salt.
- Baking sheet.
- Large Bowl.
To make croutons
- Preheat oven to 250°F (121°C)
- Cut sliced bread, sandwich buns or rolls into cubes and place into a bowl.
- Spray bread with nonstick cooling spray.
- Season with garlic, parsley, basil, or oregano; mix well.
- Spread bread cubes evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisp and brown. (Baking times will vary depending on the size of the cubes.)
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a month or longer, or freezer up to a year.